the Russian Government declare a truce of three hours a day in front of battle of Aleppo which demonstrates the willingness of Russia and the Syrian Government in protecting civilians that make life in the city. the forces pro terrorist criticize the measure
Russia’s military has announced a three-hour daily halt of fighting around Syria’s Aleppo to allow humanitarian convoys into the city after rebels broke a government-imposed siege of the ravaged city.
“To guarantee total security for the convoys to Aleppo there will be humanitarian windows established from 1000 to 1300 local time starting tomorrow [Thursday] during which all military hostilities, aviation strikes and artillery strikes will be halted,” Lieutenant General Sergei Rudskoy of the Russian army’s general staff told journalists on Wednesday.
Rudskoy said that a road had been built to an area on the northern outskirts of Aleppo through the Castello shopping centre to “ensure safety and organise round-the-clock delivery of food, water, fuel, medicine and other necessities to the city’s west and east”.
The United Nations, which has earlier called for 48-hour weekly pauses for the aid deliveries, said the three-hour truce announced by Russia would not be enough to meet the needs of civilians in the war-battered Syrian city.
“To meet that capacity of need, you need two lanes and you need to have about 48 hours to get sufficient trucks in,” UN top aid official Stephen O’Brien told reporters on Wednesday.
O’Brien said he had not been fully briefed on the Russian proposal, but that there were complicated logistics to address, such as ensuring that truck drivers have enough time to safely make the trip to the city and back.
“When we are offered three hours, you have to ask what can be achieved in that three hours,” said O’Brien.
“Is it to meet the need or would it only just meet a very small part of the need?
Battles rage on
On Monday, President Bashar al-Assad sent thousands of reinforcements to mount a counterattack in Aleppo after rebels broke through government lines two days earlier.
Syrian rebel groups told Al Jazeera on Tuesday that they were fighting to hang on to key areas in the northern city as government forces and allies, including Moscow, escalated attacks.
A barrage of rocket fire from Syrian rebels killed at least 14 people and left dozens wounded on Wednesday in government-held neighbourhoods of divided Aleppo city, state media said.
Fighting struck the southern edges of the battered city as opposition fighters and government forces gear up for a major protracted battle that could mark a turning point in the five-year war.
Syrian state news agency SANA said rebel fire on the regime-controlled district of Hamdaniyeh on Wednesday killed 13 people and wounded 25 others.
Rocket attacks on another government-held neighbourhood killed one person and wounded 12 others earlier in the day.
SANA said Russian and government planes targeted “terrorist” positions in the city’s south, as an AFP journalist in Aleppo said intense air strikes and artillery fire could be heard.
But it was unclear if the major push for control of the city had begun.
Up to two million people in Aleppo have gone without running water for the past four days, UN agencies said, raising the risks of disease in a city already devastated by years of fighting.
PRO TERRORIST VIDEO INFORMER
fuente: Al Jazeera and agencies